Sunday 5 June 2011

Inspiration..

I received a little package of postcards last week from my Mum who went to a Janet Bolton workshop at Cowslip. I went to a similar workshop 2 years ago and really enjoyed listening to Janet tell her story and learnt alot about her techniques. I think she was the one who really got me hooked on applique. I got one of her books, Textile Pictures, last year. It is a lovely book written in both English and French, and full of inspirational pictures as well as an explanation of how they are created.

Janet Bolton's book and post cards

We all created our own pictures and mine lives on the wall in my sewing room..


A great workshop I could thoroughly recommend if you get a chance!
I also got a couple of fat quarters (well it was my birthday!) and Mum said she thought the black would look good with a splash of orange, so I thought geum, tagetes or snap dragon, or maybe all three?!

fat quarters from Cowslip

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Fabric - those ARE the colours to go with it!!!