Sunday 9 October 2011

Starting to make a few christmas presents.

I like this design and it's one I have done a few times now, a very simple hot water bottle cover.

Hot water bottle cover

I start by making a strip of outside (approx 10" by 35"). This can be made up anyway you want.

Hot water bottle cover in the making
Then I layer this with wadding or blanket in the middle and some lining fabric (more recycled shirt in this case) and quilt the 3 layers together.

Hot water bottle cover in the making


 I bind one of the short edges, then I fold the strip to form a pocket with a flap of about 5" sticking out at one end. The flap is the unfinished short edge.
I sew the two side seams with wrong sides together (ie so the cover is the right way out when you sew it and there are two unfinished seams down the sides).
Finally I bind the three unfinished edges and attach a button!
Hot water bottle cover



Hot water bottle cover 

I hope that makes sense for anyone who wants to have a go.

No comments: