I have finished the little scrapbuster cushion mentioned in my last post.
I am pleased with the way it came out and it was really fun to do and brilliant for using up little scraps that you just can't bear to throw away. I added a sachet of lavender to the inside aswell.
I am working on a few presents but none ready to show yet. I have also decided that it would be nice to have all red and white cushion covers, as if I haven't got enough to do!!
The tree is now up and as I was getting out the decorations the sun kindly came out so I took them into the garden for a photo shoot.
Firstly some angels that I made about 3 years ago I think. I am a big fan of the blog Syko, and got my inspiration from Kajsa's lovely angels. I love the look of her new book, Scandinavian Stitches which is definitely on my christmas list!
Then there's the penguins which are even older, about 5 years I think. They were made from a tutorial over at Molly Chicken. Sadly she doesn't post any more but she was the first blog I ever found.
And then there's the little Angels I made after making some of the Guardian Angels mentioned here by Hersenzart.
Some lettle felt hearts..
And some ancient felt dangly things with bells on!
I think that will do for now, cushion covers beckon (and the dinner, the urgent bathroom decorating, christmas card writing and numerous other things).
I have done various bits of sewing in the past two weeks but didn't manage to get any pictures as I was in a bit of a rush, the light was rubbish and the things were all wrapped or given before they were recorded!
This weekend I have managed to get an apron done for a present and am hoping the recipient doesn't read this.
Light still not great but never mind, you get the gist.
I have also been working on a scrapbuster pillow which I have been meaning to try for ages. The original pattern was in the 2009 Handmade holidays on Sew Mama Sew. I just love their Handmade holidays that they do each November and spend far too much time browsing and not nearly so much time sewing! It starts with putting scraps onto a piece of bondaweb type stuff, but don't do what I did and leave little gaps that then stick a load of gew on the iron!!
I have done a bit of machine applique and decided to start another project at the same time hence the strip at the top. Hopefully the sun will be out by the time the projects are finished as it is tipping with rain right now.