Sunday 4 December 2011

Is it really December already?!

I have done various bits of sewing in the past two weeks but didn't manage to get any pictures as I was in a bit of a rush, the light was rubbish and the things were all wrapped or given before they were recorded!

This weekend I have managed to get an apron done for a present and am hoping the recipient doesn't read this.
Apron

Pocket detail for apron

Light still not great but never mind, you get the gist.

I have also been working on a scrapbuster pillow which I have been meaning to try for ages. The original pattern was in the 2009 Handmade holidays on Sew Mama Sew. I just love their Handmade holidays that they do each November and spend far too much time browsing and not nearly so much time sewing! It starts with putting scraps onto a piece of bondaweb type stuff, but don't do what I did and leave little gaps that then stick a load of gew on the iron!!

The start of a scrap buster pillow from tutorial on Sew Mama Sew (Handmade Holidays 2009 sit back and relax).


I have done a bit of machine applique and decided to start another project at the same time hence the strip at the top. Hopefully the sun will be out by the time the projects are finished as it is tipping with rain right now.

Some applique inprogress

Happy sewing.

No comments: