We had a really wet and windy weekend here. That and a cough meant a weekend indoors. So naturally I did some sewing!
The baby quilt is finished..
The quilting was inspired by this quilt over at Blue Elephant Stitches, but I am glad it was on a smaller scale as it was quite tricky to manhandle the quilt and keep the loops flowing.
I also made another shirt from the same pattern as this one, but in black and am happy to say that this one is ok and won't end up as a cushion!!
I really liked the linen and decided to recycle an old linen skirt to make the red vest top from Butterick B4518.
I particularly like the neck facing detail of red nellies..
The Nelly fabrics came from a trip to Tavistock last week but I'm afraid I don't know the designer.
And finally, despite the continued wind and rain I managed a short gap to photo these beauties in the garden...
My son's teacher is expecting her first baby and what better excuse to make a baby quilt.
They are just the right sized project for me.
Lots of fun to design and make but a manageable size to quilt and finish without it taking months.
As usual I changed my mind a few times.
I bought a piece of bright coloured dinosaurs with a black background initially, but just couldn't get inspired.
Then I found a roughly fat quartered size piece of animal prints that was left over from a previous quilt. I cut it up into the animals as far as I could and added some plains, spots and stripes, and this is the result so far..
The weather here is so wet and windy, the outdoor photo shoot will have to wait for the finished quilt.
It would look good by the orange poppies but hopefully will be finished before then!