Friday 14 September 2012

Linen skirts

I really like wearing linen skirts and have a couple that I use on holiday that were shortened from old bias cut skirts that I have had for years.
I decided that I wanted some to wear for work and found this pattern by Newlook number 6053.
I made it first in black and used some bias binding that I found in Liberty's in London, to hem it. The binding didn't show but I new it was there.

Skirt number one  from Newlook pattern 6053.
 
 
Then I decided to make a second skirt from the same pattern but this time put the bias binding on the outside and I love it!

Skirt number two made from Newlook pattern 6053 and hemmed using bias binding from Liberty
 
(The other rose patterned fabric is just the facing at the waist edge). 
 
 
Skirt number two. Newlook pattern 6053.

Our first Hollyhock came out this  week and I am hoping the others will flower next year aswell.
 The colour is fantastic and the plants are made more special as the hanfull of seeds were pulled from some plants I admired, and  given to me by a very kind person.
 
Hollyhock flowers

No comments: