Saturday 20 October 2012

A bit of this and that

I was lent a book by a friend this week called 'Free and Easy Stitch Style' by Poppy Treffry.
 I have admired Poppy Treffry things in the shops around here for a while so it was good to have a go. I used the flower template and had a go on a piece of fabric to make a sponge bag (not in the book).
This was the result..

Flower applique from book by Poppy Treffry called 'Free and Easy Stitch Style'.
 
And the flower detail..

Flower detail
 
I didn't use a hoop as advised but will try that next time when I have found it!
I will definitely use the technique again. I like the ragged edges.

I have also started the quilting of my sampler quilt, spurred on by a kind comment that reminded me it was still sitting on the 'to do' pile..

Sampler quilt. Starting to quilt 'kantha' style.
 
We have had some lovely autumnal sunshine here this week in between the showers, as well as some very high tides.
This is the river at Cothele with the water coming over the banks and the early morning mist still in the air.
 
Cothele at high tide and in the early morning mist.

No comments: