Saturday 10 November 2012

Autumn is here

I have got some new shoes and I love them!

Naturalista shoes- Mary Jane's in Egeo
 
I have been looking at them for a while and pondering on the colour as they come in a wonderful rainbow of colours.
They are Naturalista Mary Jane's in Egeo.

I have also been playing with a book called Simple Modern Sewing..

New Book
 
 
It is really interesting to read and study (my sort of bedtime reading!). The patterns are all in the back but need tracing which was a challenge, and I forgot to check about the seam allowance at first, which isn't added.
 I started with a top, well a combination of two of the tops really, made from a recycled shirt.
 I am quite pleased with the outcome and will definitely be trying some more when time allows.

Shirt from combination of two patterns in book 'Simple Modern Sewing'.
 
 
I have also started on presents as I was given this lovely tartan fabric by Mum but I can't show the whole picture as the intended recipients might peek.

Presents in the making..
 
Nelly lining
And finally, another purse using the Poppy Treffry technique, mentioned in my last two posts. Once you have sussed it, it is quick and very effective I think.

Call-off-the-search purse from pattern by Poppy Treffry.
 
 
Call-off-the-search purse from pattern by Poppy Treffry.
 
 
Call-off-the-search purse from pattern by Poppy Treffry.  
 
Happy weekend.

No comments: