Tuesday 1 January 2013

An elephant's load: pin cushion, jolly molly and cushion.

The elephant's load
 
A few more gifts to share now that they have been given.
 
Firstly a pin cushion.
I've made various pincushions over the years but this type is one of my favourite both to make and to use. It's just a simple square made from cotton scraps, backed with a piece of recycled shirt and stuffed with toy stuffing. 
 
Pin cushion panel
 
The front was made sort of log cabin style with some added side panels.
Central fabric is Kaffe Fassett Roman Glass Leafy, which I bought from The Cotton Patch.
 
Pin cushion
 
I added a little penguin tab for decoration/interest.
 
I have a pin cushion like this of my own and regularly find my pins mysteriously arranged in various patterns according to colour and shape as well as being infuriatingly   endearingly pushed down so that only the head is visible.
 
Can't think who does that !!

No comments: