Wednesday 2 January 2013

Streetwise cushion.

The second part of the elephant's load was this cushion.
 
Cushion
 
It is now sitting on our sofa and won't be going anywhere.
The front was yet more scraps from the Rowan fabrics I bought recently mixed with some plains, and surrounded by some houses that I can't for the life of me remember where they came from or what make they are! Sorry.
The central patch was quilted by hand (mainly in the ditch) and the border by machine in a pebble style (probably not the technical term but you know what I mean).
 
Cushion reverse- recycled cord trousers

The reverse was pieced from some bits of cord left over from another project soon to be revealed.

They were a collection of old cord trousers given to me by Mum. I used an old zip instead of overlapping the reverse panels as I ususally do, as the cord was a bit thick for this.
 
As it turns out, I think I like the reverse as much as the front so I can always turn it over when it gets grubby!

No comments: