Friday 1 February 2013

Ripples of recovery.

I haven't done any sewing this week due to a bad back but managed to sit upright and ripple!
 
A basket of crochet supplies
I have made a couple of ripple blankets in the past but it was a year or two ago, so I needed a refresher and found a great tutorial here, by Lucy at Attic 24.
 
And I have really enjoyed looking at her blog too which is now added to my favourites - bonus.

I'm afraid it's not wool but acrylic this time but the colours are bright and cheerful.
The ripple pattern that Lucy uses is slightly different to the one I used last time, with slightly gentler ripples, and I really like it. I also like the way she edges her blanket but I haven't got to that bit yet.
 
A new ripple blanket in the making
 
Hopefully back to the sewing soon.
Have a good weekend.

No comments: