Thursday 4 April 2013

A little skirt for a little person

I saw this tutorial over at Sew Mama Sew here, and couldn't resist having a go.
 
So while I was at Cowslip seeing the wonderful exhibition of quilts by Sue Spooner and Helen Keenan, and the reclaimed people by Edwina Bridgeman (exhibition ends tomorrow and well worth a visit if you are near), I just had to pop into the shop and get some fabric.
 
Skirt made from tutorial over at Sew Mama Sew.
Anyway, the skirt.
 The fabric is mainly Rowan with a plain cotton added from my stash. The tutorial was easy to follow and quick, which is always a bonus in my book.
I added a lining and some ric rac. The only other difference from the pattern was that I made a false bow, as I couldn't see the point of threading it all the way round the waist as well as the elastic.
 
Just have to wait for the small person's birthday now.

No comments: