Tuesday 28 May 2013

A Day of Surfing

I have the week off for half term and as is the way have come down with lurgi, so I spent an entire day yesterday on the sofa under a blanket.
Having finished my book, I decided that I could do a bit of surfing...on the internet.
I was there for hours.
 
I spent ages looking back over Lucy's archives over at Attic24, enjoying all the lovely crochet.
 
I liked the look of her chocolate buns and made some of my own this morning as we had some small visitors for lunch.
 
Chocolate buns

I have made her cards before blogged here, and I just loved the colours she used in the recent one.
The original instructions are by Martha Stewart and the link is on Larissa's post.
 
I decided to have a go this morning.
 
Flowers before assembly

I didn't find it too easy (to say the least!)
and had a couple of attempts before getting the 'sticking the bunch of flowers together' bit right.
I think my brain is still a bit addled.
 
But finally it came together well..
 
Closed card tied with ribbon and resting on the thyme and helianthemum

Ta dah..
 
Hand made card

It is a very satisfying thing when it works.
 

No comments: