Saturday 25 May 2013

Bluebells, Blue sky and a Blue top

Apple blossom and blue sky

The apple blossom is beautiful at the moment especially when the backdrop is blue sky.

I have been refashioning a top given to me.
The shirt was about a size 16 and too big but the fabric is so pretty I wanted to try and reuse it.
I took it appart completely (using scissors not a seam ripper) but left the buttoned front.
I used pattern 7b from the book Simple Modern Sewing, and managed to amend the neck and keep the original buttoned front as part of the new shirt (if that makes sense!). 

Shirt refashioned from a size 16ish top using adapted pattern 7b from Simple Modern Sewing

This is the result.
Sorry about the picture quality but the mirror was obviously a bit dusty
(dusting is not my strong point!!)
but I think you get the gist.
 
Shirt refashioned from a size 16ish top using adapted pattern 7b from Simple Modern Sewing 

And here is a clearer picture with no me.
 
fabric used for shirt
 
And a close up of the lovely fabric. A really fine soft cotton. 
 
Bluebell and bug

And finally the prettiest blue of all at this time of year..
bluebells

Bluebells

carpeting the floor of the wood.

 

No comments: