Wednesday 12 June 2013

A Busy Week

June is a busy month in this house with lots of birthdays as well as exams and courses.
I have been working on a dress which is based on an amalgamation of two patterns (I and S) from The Stylish Dress Book by Yoshiko Tsukiori.

I wanted the basic shape of dress S with the gathering on the bodice, but I like the v-neck and sleevelessness of dress I.

So, after a bit of fiddling about, and a bit of shaping of the side seams I ended ip with this..


New dress based on an amalgamation of Dresses I and S from The Stylish Dress Book by Yoshiko Tsukiori made in black linen.
Sorry about the photo but it's quite hard to get a photo of something you are wearing I find.
 If I had a mannequin I would use that to hang it on, but I haven't so you will have to do with me!

Dress bodice detail
 
The bodice worked quite well I think and it is really comfortable to wear.
I also added a lining to the skirt.
The linen creases fairly quickly (you were right Mum!) but I'm not too bothered about creases.

Cakes for a birthday tea...
 
Cakes for a party

 and leftover sweeties..
 
Leftover sweeties!
 
 
And finally a beauty from the garden this week..
 
Foxglove
 
 a foxglove.

No comments: