Tuesday 25 June 2013

More summer colours

String quilt blocks from tutorial on blog called Film in the Fridge.
 
These are some blocks made using a tutorial on a brilliant blog that I have just found
The blog is full of ideas and I will be trying out other ideas I'm sure.
There is also a great section on handmade clothes which I think is really useful to see how different fabrics look when used for clothes, something I am struggling with at the moment.
She has used some really lovely fabrics and great patterns.
 I particularly like this dress here.
 
String quilt blocks from tutorial on blog called Film in the Fridge.
 
These four squares are destined to be a pot holder and I will show you the result hopefully soon. 
 
Granny Squares- WIP
 
The granny squares are growing slowly.
 
The stack of Granny Squares is growing steadily and matches the wild strawberries on the drive!
 
And I have finished another shoulder bag.. 
 
Shoulder bag.  Flower template from book by Poppy Treffry.
 
 
This time made from recycled jeans, some Kaffe Fassett fabric and a plain pocket with flowers appliqued onto it.
The flower pattern is the one from Poppy Treffry's book that I have used before here.

And finally, a picture of some lupins which I grew from seed 3 years ago and are just flowering their socks off at the moment.
 
June border with lots of lupins

No comments: