Monday 27 January 2014

Lots to share today...


 
 
Firstly a Sprocket pillow that I made as a Christmas present but didn't get to photo.
 Luckily my friend took some lovely pictures and sent them to me.
The pattern is one of my favourites, and is from an excellent tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew and is found here.
I made this one from scraps of recycled cord trousers.
 

 
The reverse has a pocket detail which is a back pocket from one of the pairs of trousers!



 
 Next up, and again a favourite, this time a skirt.
New Look pattern 6053 view E.
Made from blue cord and involved my first attempt at a concealed zip. 
 

 
I haven't tried a concealed zip before but having liked the way they look on shop made skirts I thought it was worth a try.
 

 
I'm not even going to attempt to begin to explain how I did it (because I can't!!) but having read various tutorials and watched videos, I found the You Tube video here most helpful for me.
It was fiddly but I really like the result and will definitely use them again.
 

 
Then there was the Jolly Molly situation..
 

 
 
How sad is that!!
I have made a fair few as presents for others and had failed to look at the state of my own.
 
So I set to work with some strips from my stash.
 


I found the most amazing shirt to back it with, and felt grateful for the fact that my brother has such brilliant shirts to recycle my way.
 


 
If you fancy having a go at one yourself you can find my tutorial here.
 
Just had to make a couple of lavender hearts with the scraps and some purple linen/cotton scraps that are left over from the next thing on my 'to make' list- more soon.



  
And finally, my first bunch of narcissi from a local stall..
 

 
Have a good week.
 

No comments: