Monday 24 November 2014

A colour boost

At this time of year as the nights draw in,
working with colourful fabric and wool is even more satisfying than usual.  
 

 
These are some coasters made from scraps.
There is a good tutorial by Svetlana here if you want one.
 

 
I used some spiral quilting and added an applique flower using free machining.
The cotton is a variegated one by Gutterman.
 

 
A bit more colour from some small pieces of crochet which needed a bit of blocking..



 
The first was a mandala from Lucy's pattern at Attic24 found here..
 

 
I made one for the fantastic display she did for Yarndale
and decided that I would like one for home too.
 
I have also made a couple of the triple layer flowers,
again from another pattern at Attic24 here.
 
 
And finally a little yarnbombing to (hopefully) bring a smile to my neighbour's face when he sees his sign..
 
 
 

No comments: