Sunday 29 May 2016

Cock-a doodle-doo!

I have been on a trip to Cowslip this week and was lucky enough to be given a workshop for my birthday. It was a whole day spent making chickens and cockerels which may sound a bit strange but was really good fun and quite challenging. I can never believe how quickly the time goes on days like this. Before you know it it's time to go home and I feel like I could just settle in for the week!
The day was run by Helen and Ellen who were lovely.

So the workshop was called Cock-A-Doodle-Doo and here is my cockerel which I have just been finishing off today..
 
Cock-a doodle-doo
He is about 16" tall and stands alone without any props.
He is made from fabric and stuffing with some wire in the tail feathers and legs and you get the patterns for both the hen and cockerel to take home.

Cock-a doodle-doo
 
We have been exploring the garden together and he looks in his element out there. I'm not sure where he is going to live exactly. The chickens and cockerels on the tables in the café at Cowslip looked fab but he is a bit on the large side for our table so he might be relegated to the fireplace
or a sunny window.

Cock-a doodle-doo

Meeting our girls..

Cock-a doodle-doo

Cock-a doodle-doo

Just wanted to show you these angelica plants too that I am loving at the moment.
The tallest ones are around 4 ft.
 
angelica

And finally this spell of sunny weather has meant the farmers have been out working on the fields. This one is near our house and I love to walk through the newly cut piles of grass
 following their wiggly lines.

mown field
And so does Tally, if a lot more slowly than she used to.  
Tally

No comments: