Wednesday 30 November 2016

Cold mornings and Warm socks

A crispy morning
 
It was a gorgeous crispy morning here today in Cornwall.
I was up early and took Tally out for a walk in the fields as the sun came up, crunching through the grass and even stomping in the odd puddle that had iced over.
 
Untitled
 
I have been working to finish my Christmas Wreath this week
and I hope to share it soon.
In the mean time I though I would share the Pumpkin Socks mentioned here.
 
They are finished and ready to wrap..
 
crochet bed socks

Not the most fantastic looking pair of socks you have ever seen
 but I am strangely proud of having completed them!
 

Untitled
 
I have never made socks before so the whole process was new to me and it was so satisfying to end up with something that was at least wearable. The pattern was fairly straight forward and can be found here at the wonderfully named Ball Hank n'Skein.
I didn't have enough wool to make them as long as the pattern but am aiming for
the "wrinkled round the ankles" warmth
rather than the "pulled up under long boots" look.
 
Untitled
 
And boy are they snug and warm so look out cold toes!!!
xx
 

No comments: