Monday 5 March 2018

New Coat..

Duffle coat- Pattern Burda 6987
 
So I finally got some pictures to show you my first attempt at making a coat.
The pattern is a Burda style 6987 and the fabric was a navy wool mix I think,
bought in the sale at Exeter Fabric Centre.
 
Duffle coat- Pattern Burda 6987
 
I wanted a loose fitting Duffle that I can sling over big jumpers and this is great. Made up in a size 14 (I am usually a 12) just to make sure it was roomy enough. Just two buttons or toggles and no button holes on this pattern. Fairly straight forward to cut out but I found it quite tricky to follow the instructions in places especially around the hood when sewing it up. Despite this I would definitely make it again when it wears out.
 
Duffle coat- Pattern Burda 6987
 
Big hood with enough space for a wooly hat underneath for the weather we have been having recently.
Coat pattern: Burda 6987

The lining covers up a multitude of seams and neatens it all off. I decided to use a polyester lining material in the sleeves, but a patterned poly cotton to line the main body of the coat. This means I can get my arms in and out more easily but still have the pretty lining.
 
Duffle coat- Pattern Burda 6987
 
The coat can be worn open in a V to the waist fastening or buttoned up like this to keep out the cold.
I think I have worn it nearly every day since it was finished two weeks ago so that says it all really.
xx

No comments: